We all love pancakes however your regular store-bought mix isn’t always the healthiest option. I’ve seen tons of recipes, protein pancakes, gluten-free pancakes, two-ingredient pancakes but I am utterly obsessed with this one. It’s really easy to make and they taste divine. I now prefer this recipe to any store-bought mix.
Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond cashew or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until completely mixed and oats have broken down. If the batter is to runny add more oats and blend again.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium-low heat and melt a teaspoon of coconut oil or butter in the pan. Once the pan or griddle is hot, pour or scoop the batter onto the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Serve hot with extra bananas, strawberries, desiccated coconut, cacao nibs, really just whatever your heart desires.